Homeserver.com dns forwarding RRS feed

• Question

• I've removed windows home server from my computer but my ip is still being forwarded to homeserver.com. I am also pretty certain that my IP address has changed but somehow Microsoft picked up the change. I also use no-ip and I had to update that address with my changed IP address and by accident I tried my old homeserver.com address and it is forwarding.

Without having home server installed is there anyway I can turn off the forwarding or manage it from a website?

Thanks
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:37 PM

Answers

• As long as your Windows Home Server is installed as server and has Remote access settings configured, it will take care for updating the entry for the registered domain. So you can either shut down your WHS or you unconfigure the Remote settings in the WHS console.
    There is no other reason to get updated values after doing one of both actions.
    Also if your server is down, your homeserver.com domain may still reflect the last registered IP address (which may have been reassigned with the same value to you by your ISP).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:37 PM

All replies

• When you say you removed home server from your computer, you mean you removed the home server connector on your PC ? Or did you actually remove WHS itself from the machine ?
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 1:36 PM
  • As long as your Windows Home Server is installed as server and has Remote access settings configured, it will take care for updating the entry for the registered domain. So you can either shut down your WHS or you unconfigure the Remote settings in the WHS console.
    There is no other reason to get updated values after doing one of both actions.
    Also if your server is down, your homeserver.com domain may still reflect the last registered IP address (which may have been reassigned with the same value to you by your ISP).
    Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf
    Wednesday, December 10, 2008 3:37 PM