none
ARM Platform Support for Visual Studio 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I was trying to build Alljoyn source for arm target machine (windows phone) and met the following error:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\VC\INCLUDE\crtdefs.h(404) :   fatal error C1189: #error :  Compiling Desktop applications for the ARM platform  is not supported.

I tried to change the definition in crtdefs.h:

#define _ARM_WINAPI_PARTITION_DESKTOP_SDK_AVAILABLE 1

And then I realized that several libs are missing: setupapi winmm iphlpapi secur32 bcrypt hcrypt crypt32

I installed both Windows 8.1 SDK and Visual Studio 2013 SDK, and after that I saw those missing libs in both folders

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x86

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\x64

but not

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Lib\winv6.3\um\arm

I'd like to know what libdir should I include to resolve this, or if there's recent supports/hotfixes for this issue? Thanks! 

• Moved by Caillen Friday, February 27, 2015 7:44 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 4:01 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi cwangtw,

This forum is for questions about Visual Studio Extension. Based on my understanding, your problem is about building a 3rd-party VC++ project in VS, and has little to do with VS integrate. Maybe VC++ forum or Windows Phone forum is better, but I'm not sure, so I'll move it to [where is this forum for...] where the morderator may direct you do the right place.

Thanks for your understanding.

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, February 27, 2015 7:44 AM
  • Maybe this helps.

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/details/745580/arm-configuration-doesnt-work

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Friday, February 27, 2015 2:21 PM
  • Thanks! Hope the ARM support will be available soon.
    Friday, March 6, 2015 7:55 PM
  • That's alright, thanks for help!
    Friday, March 6, 2015 7:55 PM