Which PP's to install RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have installed WHS from a download I made 2 days ago - this is Build 3790 Service Pack 2.  

I assumed that this would include all the power packs up to and including PP2.  Am I mistaken ?  Coz' I now have this previously documented error concerning 

"Update does not apply to installed version."

What am I to do ?

Is there a PP1 to install as well ?

Thanks.

• Edited by fishypops Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:13 PM addition
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 11:03 PM

Answers

• Please simply run updates through the Windows Home Server console until it reports that there are no additional updates to be installed. At that point you can try installing Power Pack 3 beta again.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:21 PM

All replies

• Where did you download this (on Micrsooft Connect there is only PP1 evaluation)?

Please check settings->resources from the WHS Console. What build numbers does it show?

- Theo.
    No home server like Home Server
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:50 AM
  • Thanks for the reply. I downloaded this from Microsoft Connect.  I had signed up for the PP3 beta, so it displays for me.

OK.. checked the resources... it shows that I am running Power Pack 2.

So,  I assume that PP3 is the next to be installed.  I am back to square one, with more certainty.

Any idea how I can get past this problem then.

Thanks.
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 2:07 PM
  • Please simply run updates through the Windows Home Server console until it reports that there are no additional updates to be installed. At that point you can try installing Power Pack 3 beta again.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Thursday, August 13, 2009 4:21 PM
  • ... I downloaded this from Microsoft Connect.  I had signed up for the PP3 beta, so it displays for me.

FYI:
    Just checked: there is no such thing as a Windows Home Server PP2 evaluation install on Connect.
    PP2 and any additional updates can only be installed through Windows Update.

-Theo

No home server like Home Server
    Friday, August 14, 2009 7:01 AM
  • Why are we forced to download all updates through Windows Update? I do not have my development server at work connected to the internet nor would it matter as firewall blocks all WU traffic.

I wish they would release updates without having to download them through WU.
    Friday, August 14, 2009 4:03 PM