Microsoft Money download RRS feed

• Question

• I used Microsoft Money for a number of years on a different computer and have downloaded Microsoft Money Sunset Deluxe to start using it on my current laptop.  When I go to set it up, it comes up with an error message stating that my file name cannot be created due to a variety of possible reasons.  It also says that my email address and password don't match.  I changed my password to see if that would help me get signed in and it still gave me the error message.  Any thoughts?
    Monday, October 22, 2018 10:07 PM

All replies

• Close Money on both computers.

On each computer,   Open Windows Explorer (WindowsKey+E is one way to do that)

Click Tools->FolderOptions->View and un-tick (remove check mark on)

the HideExtensionForKnownFileTypes.  Click OK.  That way you will be able to see the extension part of the filename.

On the old computer, copy the newest *.mny and *.mbf files to a USB flash drive. Then copy those files to the Documents folder on the new laptop.

Right click the *.mny file that you copied on the new laptop. Choose Open. That should launch Money.

Once inside the Money file, Tools->Settings->BackupSettings to set the backups to a place that exists on the new computer.  Use Browse to help find a place that exists.  Consider your backup strategy.  You may want to make the upon-exit backup to be a place in your Documents folder, and put your scheduled backup on a Flash drive.  That way, a hard drive crash does not make you lose all of your backups.

Monday, October 22, 2018 11:14 PM