Outlook client CRM 2015 error on ssl certificate when using self signed cert RRS feed

• Question

• We are testing the outlook client in our new 2015 RU1 test environment. We have configured CRM and reporting services to use SSL with a self signed certificate (since this is only development) however when we try to connect to CRM from the outlook client I get the following error:

We can't connect to your Microsoft Dynamics CRM Server. Please inform your system administrator that trusted Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates are required.

The underlying connection was closed: Could not establish trust relationship for the SSL/TLS secure channel.

Any ideas on how to get outlook client to work with a self signed cert would be very welcomed.

Many thanks,

Jenn

Thursday, July 16, 2015 5:50 PM

Answers

• Add the self signed cert as a trusted root certificate on the machine running the Outlook client. Follow either method on here to do it.

Neil - My CRM Blog

• Marked as answer by JenniferNHS Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:33 PM
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:10 PM
  • The fix to this was to turn on cached-exchange mode in outlook.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:33 PM

All replies

• Add the self signed cert as a trusted root certificate on the machine running the Outlook client. Follow either method on here to do it.

Neil - My CRM Blog

Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:10 PM
  • Thank you very much. I have moved the certificate to the trusted root certificate for the machine account and I still get the same error.
    Thursday, July 16, 2015 6:56 PM
  • The fix to this was to turn on cached-exchange mode in outlook.
    Wednesday, July 29, 2015 9:33 PM