CRM 2013 dialogs- can't query by dynamic text value? RRS feed

• Question

• I have a dialog process that was working fine in 2011, but on 2013, I find that if a dialog does a query and the condition of the query uses a text value, it never returns any records.

So for example, if the query condition has the following (I'm looking for contacts):

<condition attribute="fullname" operator="eq" value="Variable1" />

And I set Variable1 to the full name of the primary entity, no records are ever returned.  It works fine if my condition has anything other than a text value.  Note that as a test I can write out the fullname of the primary entity just fine, so I know it is pulling in the primary entity data.  

If I leave a hard coded value in the query (stay in design view), it works fine.  It seems to only be an issue on dynamic text values.

Anyone else facing this?   

Thursday, December 12, 2013 6:45 PM

Answers

• In case anyone else gets this- it turned out to be the browser version. I'm having to use IE 8 on my machine as it is still prevalent at the client. I believe IE 8 is writing hidden markup into the slugs when added to the dialog. I used an upgraded browser to design the dialog and it works fine now.
    Tuesday, December 17, 2013 6:46 AM