Preventing getting companies put on SPAM Lists RRS feed

• Question

• Question: Is there a method of sending emails in CRM (Direct Mail, Mail Merge, Quick Campaign, Campaign Activity) that are less likely to get a company added to a SPAM List then others. Are  Outlook Client and Web Client based technologies related to this in any way?

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 5:27 PM

Answers

• As far as I know the only thing that will make a difference is whether or not you use CRM tracking tokens, which is a spearate setting independent of the CRM mechanism used. If you use tracking tokens you're more likely to end on spam lists

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:21 PM

All replies

• As far as I know the only thing that will make a difference is whether or not you use CRM tracking tokens, which is a spearate setting independent of the CRM mechanism used. If you use tracking tokens you're more likely to end on spam lists

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:21 PM
  • Got ya. That makes sense.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007 6:23 PM
  • Tracking tokens used to make a difference in versions 1.x. There the token was placed 20 spaces (IIRC) from the end of the 'original' subject. The spacing typically caused spam filters to trip. With CRM 3.0 where the token is placed right after the subject, I haven't seen this to be a problem.

Other things can trigger getting caught in a spam filter. The spam filter folks are very guarded about just what these are. A couple of years ago I had a customer (still have the customer, not the problem) that had a problem trying to send a particular e-mail blast. Long story short, he had placed '*'s as bulltets. These tripped the spam filters. Removing these and it worked fine. My advice would be to test message formatting/content against a spam filter and see whether it gets caught or not.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 4:02 AM
  • Interesting point about the token.

Good point about subject and content and testing is a great idea.

Great input, thanks.

Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:58 PM
  • Glad you found it helpful. Thanks for the feedback.

Friday, September 14, 2007 4:09 AM