Exchanging Variables VB.Net JavaScript Google Maps RRS feed

• Question

• I wish to develop interactive applications with Google Maps. I will pull street addresses and GPS coordinates from a database using VB.NET and generate a Google Map using those parameters. Users will move push-pins to communicate GPS coordinates which I will input into the database.

Not being far along, I am open to various approaches. I looked at a GMap wrapper, http://en.googlemaps.subgurim.net/ and like the approach but am deciding against it because they are apparently on Google version behind and I am nervous about future support.

I think my best bet is to use Google JavaScript code from the Google API. But then I need to pass parameters back and forth between VB.Net and Google JavaScript Code.

The main thing I want is clear guidance on passing parameters to and from JavaScript.

If someone had a better approach for supporting Google Maps from VB.NET, that would be icing on the cake.

• Moved by edhickey Tuesday, March 8, 2011 4:10 PM (From:.NET 3.0/3.5 Windows Workflow Foundation)
    • Moved by Calvin_Gao Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:32 AM (From:Visual Basic General)
    Monday, March 7, 2011 6:25 PM

All replies