Communicator starts a call if a contact is highlighted in MOC and the User relogin to windows RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all

My customer (OCS R1 RCC) told my about an issue which we can reproduce also on OCS R2 with Enterprise Voice.

A User is searched on the search field in MOC and then the contact is being highlighted. For some reason the user locks his workstation.

When he come back an login to windows again (set in password and then press ENTER) then immediately the IM windows will open. This seems to be not a big problem but the customer has IM blocked and in this case a call to this contact is setup immediately.

The problem is sporadic and can’t be reproduced for every user. Some of them has this problem, some not. Even I can't reproduce it. But my collegue has the same issue.

Have anyone an idea what the reason could be? It seems that pressing "enter" not only unlocks the machine, further on, it looks where the focus is set and execute the enter also for communicator

Monday, March 30, 2009 3:24 PM

All replies

• Interesting. I just tried to replicated that unsuccesfully.  After unlocking the workstation the OC window stays where I left it and no unwanted action was performed.  Running W7 w/ OC R2.
    Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, March 30, 2009 3:34 PM
  • This is exactly whats happen when I trie do replicate it. My collegue has these strange issue that the IM Windows open...
    I guess it's not realy an OC issue, further more a combination with Windows and where its focus is.

Unfortunately in this case the focus is located on the MOC which brings out a kind of malfunction or even an unexpected action.

Monday, March 30, 2009 4:04 PM
  • What operating system is running on these laptops?  I just tried that same test on a Vista workstation and still no problem.  If you have other application windows active does the 'extra Enter' come through to those as well?

Jeff Schertz, PointBridge | MVP | MCITP: Enterprise Messaging | MCTS: OCS
    Monday, March 30, 2009 6:24 PM

• The notebook runs Windows XP / SP3 or Vista Business / SP1. Until now we have just one machine (XP) where we can reproduce this issue. I am going to do some tests today and have a look on other applications if they same issue comes through if they has the focus.

Tuesday, March 31, 2009 6:27 AM