What's the best forum for Office automation questions? RRS feed

• Question

• I tried the General C# forum, but was told it was the wrong place.
    Tuesday, September 30, 2008 7:25 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Rewly

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately I am not able to determine which forum or newsgroup is best suited for your question at hand.  Can you provide me a little more detail in regards to the product or technology you are inquiring about?

Thanks!

Vijay Mullick Tier 2 Application Support Server and Tools Online Engineering Live Services Team
    Thursday, October 2, 2008 8:55 AM
  • Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

I'm interested in finding out where I should post questions related to programming with Office objects. The particular question on my mind right now is, Is there a way to programmatically learn what version of Word/Excel/whatever was used to create a given document?  I'd like my program to be able to go through a database of thousands of files and get this information from each. Thanks for any help you can provide.

--Rewly
    Monday, October 13, 2008 2:11 PM
  •  

Hello Rewly 

Thank you for your post!  Unfortunately there is not a current forum to post the question you are asking so I would recommend that you post you question to one of the MICROSOFT NEWSGROUP  located here:  http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?d=1

Hope that helps!

• Marked as answer by Vijay Mullick Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:47 AM
    • Marked as answer by Vijay Mullick Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:47 AM
    Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:46 AM