Custom Database for reporting in MSCRM RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Abhishek,

If you are OnPrem, then you can simply use linked servers to link to the CRM database - there is no need to create a copy in your reporting database. The reporting database would only contain the custom StoredProcs and related objects.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

• Marked as answer by Abhisinha17 Friday, February 14, 2014 6:25 AM
    Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:53 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

This article if for On-Prem deployments of Dynamics CRM - are you using OnLine? 

If you are OnPrem then you can access the data directly from the MSCRM database, however if you are online, they you will need to replicate your data to a local database to use SQL queries - however you will also need a separate Reporting Services deployment since you will not be able to access your database form the Online reporting services.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:39 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• Hi,

This article if for On-Prem deployments of Dynamics CRM - are you using OnLine? 

If you are OnPrem then you can access the data directly from the MSCRM database, however if you are online, they you will need to replicate your data to a local database to use SQL queries - however you will also need a separate Reporting Services deployment since you will not be able to access your database form the Online reporting services.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Monday, January 20, 2014 2:39 PM
    Answerer
  • Hi,

I am working on premise , if data on CRM database changes then everytime I have to sync data to custom database for my report to work properly, which tool I need to use for this scribe, kingswaysoft?

Thanks,

Abhishek

Abhishek

Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:45 PM
  • Hi Abhishek,

If you are OnPrem, then you can simply use linked servers to link to the CRM database - there is no need to create a copy in your reporting database. The reporting database would only contain the custom StoredProcs and related objects.

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Rockstar365

Thursday, January 30, 2014 12:53 PM
    Answerer