Media not updating properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I have been using Vail now for a month or so and until a few days ago all was well. I am gradually transcoding my DVD collection and loading them onto Vail so that I can stream to my Xbox360s. The setup worked great until a few days ago. Now when I add a new media file (they are all H.264/AAC encodes in an MP4 wrapper) they don't appear in the list of videos on the 360s. I have tried adding various different files but they never show up. All of the existing ones are listed and play perfectly and if I delete one of them they dissappear as expected (and the total video count visible on the 360 decrements by 1) - but if I try to copy back the one just deleted it won't show up on a 360 either.

However, all of the files are visible on Vail if I look at the shared Video folder on PC or Mac. I have tried rebooting the Vail server, stopping and restarting sharing but all to no avail (sorry, terrible pun intended).

Any suggestions anyone?

Thanks

Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:31 PM

Answers

• Thanks for your thoughts Ken. It has been a few days since new titles stopped appearing on the list via the 360 and I am adding very small volumes (only a couple of videos) so it seems as though the indexing process is not adding anything new but strangly it removes titles that I delete immediatly.

I will hold on for now and see if they show up over the next few days but not hopeful.

In that case, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:00 PM

All replies

• Just wait. Possibly a long while. :) I've got thousands of audio tracks which took several days to appear.
    I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 5:43 PM
  • Thanks for your thoughts Ken. It has been a few days since new titles stopped appearing on the list via the 360 and I am adding very small volumes (only a couple of videos) so it seems as though the indexing process is not adding anything new but strangly it removes titles that I delete immediatly.

I will hold on for now and see if they show up over the next few days but not hopeful.

Saturday, May 29, 2010 10:52 PM

In that case, you should file a bug report on Connect.
    Saturday, May 29, 2010 11:00 PM
  • Thanks, I will file a bug report.
    Friday, June 4, 2010 1:00 PM
  • Have the same issue.  I noticed if I go into general settings, media streaming from the dashboard and toggle media sharing off then back on again the files show up. 
    Tuesday, June 8, 2010 9:16 PM