Dyncamics CRM 2011 Offline Problem: Server throws IO Exception on BCP File RRS feed

• Question

• Good morning,

First of all, we are using Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 RU18 with offline capability.

We have some issues going offline. When going offline an error is generated on the client. After tracing on the client and on the server we’ve encountered the following error on the server (which causes the client to go in error):

Exception during BCP file writing in response. Details: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file '..\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Server\OfflineData\<subscriptionguid>.bin' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at System.Web.HttpResponse.WriteFile(String filename, Boolean readIntoMemory)

at Microsoft.Crm.WebServices.OfflineSync.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

I know that CRM writes data to this file and then streams this data to the client in batches (create file, fill file, stream file to client, delete file, create file, …) according to this document: https://www.microsoft.com/en-sa/download/details.aspx?id=2737 (I know it is CRM 4, but I think the overall process is the same). The only process that is accessing this file is our application pool process (checked with Procmon).

The error is self explaining but I have no idea how to fix this. Has anyone ever experienced this problem? Is this a performance issue? Has it something to do with our IIS configuration for CRM? …

Hope someone can help me.

Kind regards Jochen

Tuesday, April 11, 2017 8:44 AM