none
Wireless routers? Is anything NEW/FASTER coming out soon?

Question

• Hello,

I am looking into buying a new router. We do a lot of internet gaming and video streaming in a large house, usually at the same time with multiple devices. I bought a Cisco EA6500 almost 2 years ago and it seems to be slowing down when multiple people are online. I have Cox cable for a provider. I just wanted to know if something new is coming out in the near future as I don't want to purchase something and have a newer/better product introduced two weeks later.  I am looking at the Linksys WRT1900AC or the Linksys AC3200/Model EA9200. Can anyone tell me which device would be best for my situation or should I be looking at something different? I like the Smart Wi-Fi feature I currently have so I would like to stay with something that has the same capabilities.

Any feedback would be appreciated, and thank you for your help.

• Edited by mjbnokc Saturday, January 03, 2015 7:13 PM
    • Moved by Just KarlModerator Monday, January 05, 2015 3:33 PM Looking for the proper forum.
    Friday, January 02, 2015 11:48 PM

Answers

• Hello,

I'd probably ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Monday, January 05, 2015 3:33 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The TechNet Wiki Forum is a place for the TechNet Wiki Community to engage, question, organize, debate, help, influence and foster the TechNet Wiki content, platform and Community.

Please note that this forum exists to discuss TechNet Wiki as a technology/application.

As it's off-topic here, I am moving the question to the Where is the forum for... forum.

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My E-mail: -join ('6F6C646B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

• Hello,

I'd probably ask in the Windows forum on Microsoft Community.

As the Microsoft Community is on a different platform, we cannot move the question for you.

Once there, click on Participate near the top of the screen, and select 'Ask a Question' or 'Start a Discussion':

Karl