Report store selling fake xp discs with no sticker which validate using a (how did this guy get it) corporate license RRS feed

• Question

• I have reported to MS and so have many people who have come in to my store, a neighboring town's shop called Tri City Computers (Prescott Valley), that they are selling counterfeit (non-hologrammed) inkjet printed XP discs, not installing license stickers, and general chicanery of this fashion. I am looking at one which someone got yesterday, and it has a COMPAQ windows 2000 pro coa scotch taped to the cd case the fake xp disc is in.

This hurts business for all of us. What can I do?????

Thank you

Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:15 PM

Answers

• Beartek,

This might be interesting to the "investigation team" or "consumer affairs reporter" of your local TV news stations.

Help the reporters by taking the name address and phone number of the customers who come into your shop and tell you about what the other shop is doing.

Friday, April 6, 2007 1:20 AM

All replies

• How to Report Microsoft Software Piracy: http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/Reporting.mspx
    Thursday, April 5, 2007 8:28 PM
  • Beartek,

This might be interesting to the "investigation team" or "consumer affairs reporter" of your local TV news stations.

Help the reporters by taking the name address and phone number of the customers who come into your shop and tell you about what the other shop is doing.

Friday, April 6, 2007 1:20 AM