Synchronizing two SqlCompact instances. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

1-Can I use SyncFramework to sync 2 instances of "Sql Compact CE 3.5 SP1" ?

I tested the sample "DatabaseSyncSQLandSQLCompact" that works with "SQL Server 2008" and one "Sql Compact CE 3.5 SP1" as a client.

In this sample, the "server" database was changed. Added new tables like *_tombstone, add triggers, new columns in entity table.
    2-When using 2 SQL Compact, I need this same changes on my "server" database?

3-Can I choose the RowId to be updated ?

Any suggestion, links, etc will be helpful.

Regards,
    Andre.
    • Edited by Andre Abrantes Friday, October 30, 2009 6:26 PM Added specific questions
    • Moved by Max Wang_1983 Thursday, April 21, 2011 10:47 PM forum consolidation (From:SyncFx - Microsoft Sync Framework Database Providers [ReadOnly])
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:21 PM

Answers

• Hi,

For the first question, the answer is yes. You can use SqlCeSyncProvider to sync 2 SqlCE database. Please check the post for details: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/uklaunch2007ado.net/thread/7901b94c-b262-43b5-b5ff-12c56add0c0c.

For the second question, you don't need to worry about them. After using provisioning APIs to provision the SQL CE database, everything will be in place. Because the SQL Server and SQL CE change tracking are different, the provision changes in SQL CE are not as same as SQL Server.

I don't understand your RowId question very well, but if it is the PK of the table, you should not change it. Otherwise, it is ok to change.

Thanks,
    Dong
    This posting is provided AS IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Friday, October 30, 2009 6:56 PM