custom funnel chart for opportunities RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I want to create a custom funnel chart for opportunities entity, which has these groups (or may I say layers) of data:

on top : all open opportunities

on middle: opportunities with at least one quote 

on last layer : won opportunities 

I dont know how to create this chart. Would you please help me ?
    • Edited by remis crm Monday, January 27, 2014 2:42 PM syntax
    Monday, January 27, 2014 2:36 PM

All replies

• You're going to need to create a new field to cope with this - it'll have to be a option set with options such as Open Opportunity, Opportunity with Quote and Won Opportunities. This would set to Open Opportunity as default.

You'd then need a couple of workflows. One attached to Quotes which would run when created. This would set the option set in the parent Opportunity to Opportunity with Quote. You'd then have another workflow attached to Opportunity which would run when the state changes - if the state becomes Won then set the option set to Won Opportunity.

You'd then use this new option set field on your chart along with whatever other field you wanted to look at (count, revenue, etc).

• Proposed as answer by Jon_Evans Monday, January 27, 2014 3:02 PM
    Monday, January 27, 2014 3:01 PM
  • I'd recommend using a text field, rather than an option set. Option sets can be challenging for sorting in charts.

Ulrik,
    Blog: http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com - Exclusively for MS CRM 2011 Charts
    Twitter: crmchartguy

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:37 AM
  • Thanks John Evans for your solution, but I have another question because I got a new requirement. What if I want to show all opportunities in first layer ?

Regrads.

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:41 PM
  • Ulrik, 

You mean I Use Evans approach but save states in a text field ?

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 12:44 PM
  • Yes. Evans approach, but use a text field.

I just noticed that your requirement is to have all open opportunities in the first layer, and opportunities with a quote in the second. That implies you want to include the some opportunities twice, one time in each of the two layers, which is not possible in funnel chart. Funnel charts are restricted to only one series. You could do it in a column or bar chart, but it would require some xml modifications to the chart. You can see the methodology here http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com/2013/03/10/aggregate-total-on-top-of-stacked-column-charts-or-bar-charts-in-ms-crm-2011/ , but you would need to set the filters to match your requirements.

Ulrik,
    Blog: http://crmchartguy.wordpress.com - Exclusively for MS CRM 2011 Charts
    Twitter: crmchartguy

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 3:28 PM
  • TIP: Rather than creating a new field, use the 'Pipeline Phase' (stepname) field as this is a text field which is used in several out of the box ssrs reports and is designed to be updated with sales pipeline phase values.

Rob

MCTS. GAP Consulting Ltd. Microsoft Community Contributor Award 2011 & 2013

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 8:38 PM
  • Use SSRS to map up your requirement. It will be easier way

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 4:51 AM