Autoroute 2010 Activation will not persist, won't allow program to start RRS feed

• Question

• After upgrading from Autoroute 2006 to Autoroute 2013, I discovered the saved files would not open due to the maps being incompatible. I purchased and installed Autoroute 2010 as an intermediate step to allow my files to be upgraded to the point that the 2013 version would recognize them.

When I installed Autoroute 2013, I also had to install some portion of MSAccess (Access 2007 already installed on my machine). I un-installed Autoroute 2007 and 2013 using the Windows Control Panel Install/Uninstall utility.

I was able to successfully install Autoroute 2010 (Windows 7, 64 bit). I was then asked to activate the product using the product key. I did this (online) and was informed it had been successfully activated. But each time I attempted to open Autoroute 2010, I got the same pop-up message asking me to activate the product.

I telephoned Microsoft Tech Support (although Autoroute 2010 is now obsolete since April 2013). The representative attempted to assist me in activating the product by telephone. I was given the new key by the representative and once again got the message that the product had been successfully activated. However, the program will not open. Every time I attempt to open Autoroute 2010 I get the message that I need to activate the program. Nor will clicking on the 60-day trial activation work.

I would be very appreciative of any suggestions.
    Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:00 PM