Trying to create a view of contacts with parent customer from a list RRS feed

• Question

• Hi there,

I have a list of account names (created from another ERP system). The list is in Excel. I´d like to create a view of contacts with these account names. This list includes about 700 accounts.

With Advanced Find I have to make a lookup towards each account so it will be time consuming, searching for all accounts. Is there a way to to this or do I have to go through the SDK ?

Regards,
    Ragnar

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:48 AM

All replies

• I forgot to mention, I´m using CRM 4.0

-Ragnar

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:11 PM
  • If you want to create the view or the report which is going to be viewed frequently and the list of accounts is going to be dynamic, the only way I can think of is to develop a custom ASPX page which allows the users to upload that list of accounts and loop through all the parent customer values of contact records and show the result.

But if the thing is one time effort and if the number of contact records is less then 10,000 (actually you may increase the limit with unsupported modification in database), advanced find for the contacts with parent customer field has value and then export it into excel. After than, use the VLOOKUP function of the excel and get the contacts with parent customer from that 700 list.

Thursday, June 21, 2012 8:32 AM
  • Hi Linn,

Thanks for your reply, I created some C# code accessing the API of the CRM. Took me 2-3 hours to make it work on my list of account names.

Yes I could definitely make this work using VLOOKUP as well.

Thanks.

Regards,
    Ragnar

Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:51 PM