Cannot customise reports RRS feed

• Question

• Version 14.0.120.1105

When I hit customise money locks up and 'pings' when I hit anything - like it's waiting for a response, but there is not box visible.

???

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:46 PM

All replies

• I am guessing your "pings" are audio sounds.

If this just started, I would try rebooting the computer. If not, consider File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1. That will reset reports and delete any customized (customised) reports.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:05 PM
  • Cheers for the reply... I did that, but the result is the same - as soon as I hit customise money locks up... grrr!
    John
    Friday, October 7, 2011 3:59 PM
  • Apply a level 2 repair to the output of the level 1 repair.

If that does not do it, and if you don't have a backup that pre-dates the problem, consider QIF export and import into a new file.

Friday, October 7, 2011 4:14 PM
  • No go I'm afraid...

Interestingly, I've tried creating a new money file - new account, switch to advanced reports, hit customise, and the same thing happens. Bizarre...!

John
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 8:44 AM
  • No go I'm afraid...

Interestingly, I've tried creating a new money file - new account, switch to advanced reports, hit customise, and the same thing happens. Bizarre...!

John

Ahh... Good idea. That would imply a problem with your installation rather than with your *.mny file. Are you running 32- or 64-bit windows? Maybe that, or which version of Internet Exporer, would have an effect. I don't have an indication of those causing such a symptom, but we can keep a lookout.  I would reinstall Money 2005 UK if that is the right version. See the link in the sticky posting at the top of the list.

Saturday, October 8, 2011 3:12 PM
  • Success! 

Embarrassingly, I just uninstalled / reinstalled and the problem seems to have solved itself...!

Can't imagine what caused it...

Many thanks...!

John

John
    Saturday, October 8, 2011 4:19 PM