Anyone developing a server management app to run on Android? RRS feed

• Question

• I know there is one for the iphone (WHS Mobile for iPhone)but with android fast catching up in the smartphone world I am wondering if I can do this but do not want to do it if someone else is already

Sam

Friday, September 24, 2010 2:26 PM

All replies

• Are you looking for WHS v1 or WHS v2 (Vail)?  We are working on one for Vail, but have not started one for WHS v1.  If there is enough interest in v1 we would consider it.

Thanks,

Dan

Thursday, September 30, 2010 5:11 PM
  • Are you looking for WHS v1 or WHS v2 (Vail)?  We are working on one for Vail, but have not started one for WHS v1.  If there is enough interest in v1 we would consider it.

Thanks,

Dan

That's interesting news.
    Keep us posted here on the developement please!
    One WHS v1 machine in the basement with a mixed setup of harddrives in and outside the storage pool. And now, next to it, a Vail Refresh brother for beta duties.
    Wednesday, October 13, 2010 9:55 AM
  • How is the WHS Android App coming?
    Friday, January 21, 2011 7:31 PM
  • Unfortunately with the removal of drive extender from Vail I have ceased all development for Vail - and will wait and see if it comes to market and in what form before investing any more time in what will be a much less appealing product for consumers.

As for V.1 - I have not tried this yet even though I'd like one myself!

Samalama

Friday, January 21, 2011 8:29 PM
  • With the issues with Vail as outlined by Samalama, we have also ceased development for Vail until we see a successful release.  With that said we are in development of an Android app for V1.  Which we hope to have in Beta in the next several weeks.
    Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:16 PM
  • Hiya,

if you are looking for beta testers I'd be happy to help! It would be interesting to see if we were along the same lines :-)

Samalama

Sunday, January 23, 2011 8:27 AM
  • We will be running an alpha and beta's prior to release and would be happy for any assistance.  We will be starting out with the media functionality and expanding from there.

Requests can be sent to support(at)tenatoms(dot)com, we will also be adding a section to our forums for the beta testing once we are closer to public testing.

I will also put a post on this thread for anyone following.

Thanks,

Dan

Sunday, January 23, 2011 3:49 PM
  • WHS Phone has an Android version for WHS v1 that will be in beta soon. Currently, I am unsure if I will support Vail with the Drive Extender mess.
    Paul Juenger
    Monday, February 7, 2011 9:47 PM
  • If your interested WHS V2 (vail ) you can use opera mini to log on and view files and download them to your phone ( Android Droid X.)

This works fine.

Until some one puts silverlight on Android we will not be able to stream videos.

Thursday, February 10, 2011 3:36 AM