CRM 2011 - User Hierarchy RRS feed

• Question

• CRM 2011 On Premise

What's the best way to set up user hierarchy?  For example I'm trying to achieve a salesperson only sees his/her opportunities, then the manager can view only his team's opportunities.  I was able to achieve some of this, except in my setup the manager was still able to see all open opportunities in the organization.  

I tried minimizing the security role down to user level, then business level for the manager, but no luck.  I tride teams, but still same result when changing the core records for opportunity in the security roles from user to business unit level

Thank you -

Torry

• Edited by Torry D Monday, September 29, 2014 4:45 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hello Torry,

this can be done using security roles combined with business units. Or using team. For each business rules, you may have to tweak one or another.

1. Sales person should have user level read permissions.

2. manager should have business unit level read access.

Alternative

1. Sales person create a opportunity and share the opportunity with management team.

you have to evaluate all possible situation before designing The solution.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Torry D Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:09 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 8:56 PM
  • I assume you picked the option 1 since you said managers are able to see all opportunity.

you can try second option withe this custom workflow activity step to share opportunity with a team.

http://crm2011sharestep.codeplex.com/

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Torry D Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:49 PM

All replies

• Hello Torry,

this can be done using security roles combined with business units. Or using team. For each business rules, you may have to tweak one or another.

1. Sales person should have user level read permissions.

2. manager should have business unit level read access.

Alternative

1. Sales person create a opportunity and share the opportunity with management team.

you have to evaluate all possible situation before designing The solution.

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Torry D Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:09 PM
    Monday, September 29, 2014 8:56 PM
  • good deal, I have set per your suggestions.   Do you know how restrict the managers to only see thier team's info without having to

manaully share or assign and at the same time not have access to all open opportunities?

Thank you Jithesh

Tuesday, September 30, 2014 1:24 PM
  • I assume you picked the option 1 since you said managers are able to see all opportunity.

you can try second option withe this custom workflow activity step to share opportunity with a team.

http://crm2011sharestep.codeplex.com/

regards

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by Torry D Thursday, August 20, 2015 4:10 PM
    Tuesday, September 30, 2014 8:49 PM