Strange Error on Exception Thrown for Plugin in CRM 2013 Online - Specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted RRS feed

• Question

• The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted

An unexpected error occurred from ISV code

I am receiving the above error message when (deliberately) throwing an exception. It doesn't seem to be all the time, just occasionally after updating the plugin library via the Plugin Registration tool.

The plugin is registered to fire on SetStateDynamicEntity of all activities. The line of code to throw the error is about as basic as it can be:

throw new InvalidPluginExecutionException("My test error");

I do not have the option to download the log file view any trace messages (that option is greyed out). Anyone else come across this and can shed any light?

Monday, November 25, 2013 12:29 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Even am facing the same issue. I have a plugin which will just throw an exception nothing else (wrote for a testing purpose)

I tried to register this plugin on CREATE as well as on BOOK of appointment but am getting the below error always.

Note: Am using CRM SDK 2013 and online CRM 2013 (trial version)

"The specified domain does not exist or cannot be contacted

An unexpected error occured from ISV Code".

Please help me on this.

Monday, December 9, 2013 4:03 AM
  • Hi

I am also facing the same above issues in mscrm2013 plugin.

I have register plugin on 'QualifyLead' message for Lead entity at prevalidation stage.

and also Fail to get the target entity from InputParameter. 

if (context.InputParameters.Contains("Target") && context.InputParameters["Target"] is Entity)
    {
    Entity entity = (Entity)context.InputParameters["Target"];

}

Please Help

Thanks

Friday, December 27, 2013 7:33 AM