none
Body text cannot contain images or links until we are able to verify your account. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Please, please, PLEASE! Fix this error or at least make it useful to the user, the popup serves no purpose other than to annoy the user, it does not provide any form of reference as to what on earth must be verified or how, I went to my profile section, there is no link to verify or any mention anywhere of anything to do with verification.

Take the user to the place where he can verify or perform whatever action is necessary. Or at least tell him where to go!

Sincerely frustrated.

Friday, October 4, 2013 11:39 AM

All replies

• Please verify your Account posting in this thread.

Thanks & Regards,

Vincenzo Di Russo
    Microsoft® MVP Windows Internet Explorer, Windows & Security Expert - since 2003.
    Moderator in the Microsoft Community and TechNet Forums
    My MVP Profile

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Friday, October 4, 2013 12:41 PM
    Friday, October 4, 2013 11:56 AM
  • I have already posted there, please verify my account!

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:51 PM
  • You're going to have to wait until a moderator comes by to verify your account, it's not an instant process.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,000+ strong and growing)

Friday, October 4, 2013 12:57 PM
  • Thanks for the reply, Very confusing process, I got this e-mail after posting:

A reply from Vincenzo
    Di Russo has been marked as a proposed answer in the forums thread you have
    subscribed to. If it answers your question, mark it as the answer!

Marked as a proposed answer ? I'd guess that means done, apparently not. Anyway i've lost all interest in the post I was going to make.

I have a PAID MSDN account, I can post questions, I can answer questions, I can mark answers etc. etc. etc. so I can do all that without being "verified" but to post a link I get this manual runaround ? It just doesn't make sense to me, this "process" can and should be improved.

Friday, October 4, 2013 1:05 PM
  • It's a spam prevention thing.

Does it suck? Yes. Is it better than the forums being overrun by spam bots? Still yes (I think, at least).

EDIT: Also, I proposed that as the answer because Vincenzo pointed out the current verification thread.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Maybe there's still a chance for hope, over 12,000+ strong and growing)

Friday, October 4, 2013 1:07 PM
  • I see you only made your request less than 4 hours ago. The process can take a few hours, as it appears to be manual.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, October 4, 2013 3:56 PM