locked
Error Activating First Server In Expanded Config RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hello, we're receiving the following error. Checking the forestprepstate and domainprepstate show success. Any ideas what's causing this? All DCs are GCs in our environment with a forest root and child domain. We are deploying OCS in the child domain.

     

    Thx!

     

    Failure
    [0xC3EC790D] Failed to associate server with pool. This can happen when no Global Catalog server is found in the global settings domain. Please wait for replication and activate server again.

    Friday, November 9, 2007 7:57 PM

Answers

  • Thanks Jeff. It turns out that the AD environment that the customer brought into the lab was a mirror of production. There were many objects, replication partners, site links, etc. in AD that were not in the lab. Once we cleaned up AD, reinstalled OCS, and forced replication, we were able to complete the installation without error.

     

    Thanks,

    Carl

     

    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:51 PM

All replies

  • Did you happen to perform the Domainprep steps in both the root and child domains?

    Saturday, November 10, 2007 11:59 PM
    Moderator
  • Originally yes. Then we unprepped both domains and the forest and reprepped the forest and the child domain (but not the forest root domain) and got the same error. All users are in the child domain. Should both domains be prepped or only the domain that the users and OCS servers reside?

     

     

    Monday, November 12, 2007 6:15 PM
  •  

    It depends on where your servers and user accounts reside.  From the OCS AD Guide:

     

    Prep Domain is required in all domains where you want to deploy Office Communications Servers and any domains where your Office Communications Server users will reside

     

     

    Monday, November 12, 2007 7:41 PM
    Moderator
  • Thanks Jeff. It turns out that the AD environment that the customer brought into the lab was a mirror of production. There were many objects, replication partners, site links, etc. in AD that were not in the lab. Once we cleaned up AD, reinstalled OCS, and forced replication, we were able to complete the installation without error.

     

    Thanks,

    Carl

     

    Tuesday, November 13, 2007 2:51 PM