SBS 2003 R2, CRM 3.0 Installation Problems!! RRS feed

• Question

•  

OK - I'm at my wit's end with this. Firstly, I'm not an MCSE and therefore, am trying very hard to install CRM using the manual and other resources that I've found.

I'm running SBS 2003 R2 - pretty default settings all around.

SQL 2005 was installed (as part of the SBS Enterprise edition). Again - all default settings here. It did a "files only" installation of the Report Server though - not sure why or how to fix that. I ran the Report Server config tool and all checks are green, although it still gives me an error each time on anyhting that indicates "assigning user rights". IN any case, all of the checks on the left are green.

When I start the CRM 3.0 installation, it gets to the part that checks all systems are properly configured and fails every time at the Reporting Server section. It states that the Report Server could not be found, and will not alow me to prceed. All other checks are green.

SO - what gives? The Report Server config tool says that everything is good to go...

What do I need to do to get this installed?

Tuesday, December 9, 2008 9:06 PM

Answers

• Ensure that the user login that you are using to install CRM has sysadmin rights on in SQL.  If that does not correct the issue, I would uninstall SQL, reboot, and then reinstall SQL to ensure that the Reporting Server is installed correctly.  Otherwise you run the risk of spending a lot of time trying to track down the issue, correct it, and then run into another issue later on.  It is important to ensure that the Operating System and SQL infrastructure are installed and operating correctly before trying to install the CRM application.

Best of Luck!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:39 PM

All replies

• Can you access the reports/report server locally?

http://localhost/reports

http://localhost/reportserver

if you cannot, something is wrong.. check IIS.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008 2:59 AM
  • This is what I get from /reportserver...

The website declined to show this webpage

HTTP 403

Most likely causes:

• This website requires you to log in.

What you can try:

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 403 Forbidden) means that Internet Explorer was able to connect to the website, but it does not have permission to view the webpage.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

This is what I get from /reports...

Error

The attempt to connect to the report server failed.  Check your connection information and that the report server is a compatible version.
    Home
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:32 PM
  • Ensure that the user login that you are using to install CRM has sysadmin rights on in SQL.  If that does not correct the issue, I would uninstall SQL, reboot, and then reinstall SQL to ensure that the Reporting Server is installed correctly.  Otherwise you run the risk of spending a lot of time trying to track down the issue, correct it, and then run into another issue later on.  It is important to ensure that the Operating System and SQL infrastructure are installed and operating correctly before trying to install the CRM application.

Best of Luck!

Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:39 PM
  • I was using the admin login to install this... perhaps this isn't the best choice? I do think that it's a login problem. I've never been able to log into the companyweb on the server itself. It gives me a login box - username/password. No matter what I put in, it doesn't work. The comapny webpage comes up fine on all of the workstations though.

Report server is installed on the server.

What login should I be using and how do I set it up properly? How do I fix my companyweb problem on the server too?

Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:17 AM