none
Windows Vista (TM) Build 6002 This copy of Windows is not genuine.

Question

• I was wondering why after owning two laptops for ten years Microsoft can just say out of the blue the Windows Vista is not genuine. Both were bought at Wal-Mart and have worked well until about two months ago. Microsoft has no cure I have found. Both of the product keys are worn off the back. I see Linux in my future. 
    Tuesday, February 9, 2016 8:14 AM

Answers

• 1. Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool. Click Run, and then click Continue.

The tool will scan your computer, and then provide a summary of your computer's settings and system details that will help the MGA support team understand the problem.

To copy your results to the Clipboard, click Copy.

2. Return to this post and Paste the results.  A MGA volunteer expert will analyze it and offer troubleshooting suggestions.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:04 PM

All replies

• Consider recycling those old and obsolete laptops and buying new and modern laptops with Windows 10 preinstalled.

Carey Frisch

Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:19 PM
  • 1. Download the Microsoft Genuine Advantage diagnostic tool. Click Run, and then click Continue.

The tool will scan your computer, and then provide a summary of your computer's settings and system details that will help the MGA support team understand the problem.

To copy your results to the Clipboard, click Copy.

2. Return to this post and Paste the results.  A MGA volunteer expert will analyze it and offer troubleshooting suggestions.  Thank you!

Carey Frisch

Monday, February 15, 2016 10:04 PM