Best way to selective convert TV recordings manually? RRS feed

• Question

• I like the option with PP3 to convert the recorded TV file into a compressed .wmv file. This is what I would like to do. I want the two Media PC's to automatically upload the recorded content to the server which it does fine. I delete that content from time to time. Certain programs that are worth archiving I would like to convert into the wmv file. I just want the option of doing this later like when I am cleaning out my recorded folder and see something I want to keep. Is there a way to just take that 1 file and convert it just like it can automatically with pp3?
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 8:13 PM

All replies

• I like the option with PP3 to convert the recorded TV file into a compressed .wmv file. This is what I would like to do. I want the two Media PC's to automatically upload the recorded content to the server which it does fine. I delete that content from time to time. Certain programs that are worth archiving I would like to convert into the wmv file. I just want the option of doing this later like when I am cleaning out my recorded folder and see something I want to keep. Is there a way to just take that 1 file and convert it just like it can automatically with pp3?
    No, you can only do the conversion process while the TV show is on the Media Center PC.  Once you've archived it from the Media Center PC to your server, you no longer have that option.  (Of course, you can get around that by copying the file back from the server to your Media Center PC, then converting it when you're ready to convert.  Or, if you know for a fact you are going to want to keep it, you can set up the conversion process for that show before it records.)
    Tuesday, March 2, 2010 10:53 PM