Problem migrating user from LCS 2005 SP1 to OCS 2007 R2 RRS feed

• Question

• I've moved a couple of test users from LCS 2005 SP1 to OCS 2007 R2 with some issues.  When I change the presence of a migrated user the update is not reflected to a legacy user still on LCS.  Also in the Event Log is the warning message below. 

If I view the properties of the moved user in ADSIEDIT the value of msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer is the correct pool name, the OCS 2007 R2 pool.  The users were moved via the OCS 2007 R2 Administrative Console.

There are no issues with setting up new users in OCS and communicating back to LCS.  Presence also works fine for new users in OCS back to LCS and vice versa.  The issue is only for users that I move to OCS.

Event Type:        Warning

Event Source:    Live Communications User Replicator

Event Category:                (1009)

Event ID:              30951

Date:                     6/18/2009

Time:                     4:16:03 PM

User:                     N/A

Computer:          FRD01LCSIM01

Description:

Active Directory indicates that user is homed on a different server but user data exists on this server as well.

Active Directory Object with guid {F307A781-337F-4C1E-8587-C039DF0B19CF} and SipUri gipack10@domain.com is listed as being homed on ocspool.domain.com.

Cause: It is possible that the Active Directory attribute msRTCSIP-PrimaryHomeServer has been incorrectly modified or the user has been improperly re-homed using outdated administration tools.

Resolution:

Move the user back to this server and then move it again to its desired server or use the latest administration tools and move the user back to this server.

Thanks!
    Friday, June 19, 2009 1:51 AM

All replies