none
Verification code to new mobile RRS feed

• Question

• Hey!

It would be great to know WTF is happening?

Ok, there is caution that I'm using new mobile to log in to my account. Well, need to take and use verification code by email.

BUT, this code is going to my inbox 10 minutes!(no I don't use small mail server which can provide such delays...) Seems like it's been sent by snail mail!

Ok, got it. Go to webform to enter the code. Entered... and? Page doesn't exist! - Seems the time for code is out!

Kill me please after such services in 21st century!..

Monday, February 15, 2016 6:05 AM

Answers

• Thank you Dave! Nice move!

But I still haven't any idea HOW TO LOG IN TO FORUM ON MY IPHONE!

Message with the code comes very late and form doesn't accept it!

• Marked as answer by bam0o Monday, February 15, 2016 2:02 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 2:02 PM

All replies

• Thank you Dave! Nice move!

But I still haven't any idea HOW TO LOG IN TO FORUM ON MY IPHONE!

Message with the code comes very late and form doesn't accept it!

• Marked as answer by bam0o Monday, February 15, 2016 2:02 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 2:02 PM
  • Sorry, no way to know from original post. As far as I know forums still are not supported from mobile phones. There are several threads requesting this in Suggestions / Feedback forum that you can vote up.

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:24 PM
  • So why I can see forums on my phone? Why there isn't any caution that forum may work unstable on mobile devices?

It works great, while I don't want to sign in to answer or so... (And I'm sure it will work good after I approve logging in on the new device with that code...)

But actually seems the problem is in verification system! Not in forum itself...

• Edited by bam0o Monday, February 15, 2016 2:38 PM
    Monday, February 15, 2016 2:34 PM
  • I think it is the standard browser scripting that is necessary in background that does not run on phones. The forums application is not programmed to check for phones and would probably have no method to respond without the programming. (catch 22)

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees , and confers no rights.

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:48 PM
  • There is no need to check mobile or so...

Let me explain again. There is a technique to defend account by adding additional verification when you trying to log in from the new place (new IP, new device etc.). Usually log in service asks for additional code that you can request the same time to your email or any trusted way. It's like SMS verification in web or mobile application for your bank account. Provider sends a code to you (to trusted place), you read the code and enter in form. Of course the code has a lifetime (usually a few minutes). After this time code is not valid and you have to request a new one!

Here in forum the code comes in a long time and seems when I get it it is not valid already... That's the problem

Monday, February 15, 2016 2:57 PM
  • Ok, but that is not a forums function. Rather it is a Microsoft account function.

Microsoft MVP [Windows]

Monday, February 15, 2016 4:44 PM