Windows Cannot Access \\HPSERVERLX\ RRS feed

• Question

• Please Help!!
    I have a network of 5 desktops and 2 laptops.  All wireless except for 1 desktop.  All running Win 7 pro.  I have an HP Mediasmart LX195 running windows Home Server.  It worked flawlessly for months.  Until now!
    1.  I can see the shared folders from all accounts fro entire network.
    2. I get Windows Cannot Access \\HPSERVERLX\ error with the suggestion that it might have something to do with the permissions.
    3.  This error occurs everywhere but the 2 laptops and 1 account on 1 desktop.
    4.  I can access the Users shared folder and the Music shared folder (both created by WHS) from everywhere but nothing else.
    5.  I have created users on the Server but the desktops all have the PC names under a user account that does not require login.  When the users want to log into the server they are supposed to use a desktop shortcut and a login screen pop up comes up and they login.
    6.  This failure seems to be bypassing that but not letting anyone access the folders.
    7.  It is working correctly on the laptops and on the one acct on one of the desktops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Dana
    • Moved by Ken WarrenModerator Monday, January 11, 2010 4:35 PM software/usage question (From:Windows Home Server Add-Ins and Developer Information)
    Monday, January 11, 2010 3:46 PM

Answers

• Please Help!!
    I have a network of 5 desktops and 2 laptops.  All wireless except for 1 desktop.  All running Win 7 pro.  I have an HP Mediasmart LX195 running windows Home Server.  It worked flawlessly for months.  Until now!
    1.  I can see the shared folders from all accounts fro entire network.
    2. I get Windows Cannot Access \\HPSERVERLX\ error with the suggestion that it might have something to do with the permissions.
    3.  This error occurs everywhere but the 2 laptops and 1 account on 1 desktop.
    4.  I can access the Users shared folder and the Music shared folder (both created by WHS) from everywhere but nothing else.
    5.  I have created users on the Server but the desktops all have the PC names under a user account that does not require login.  When the users want to log into the server they are supposed to use a desktop shortcut and a login screen pop up comes up and they login.
    6.  This failure seems to be bypassing that but not letting anyone access the folders.
    7.  It is working correctly on the laptops and on the one acct on one of the desktops.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Dana
    Is the Guest account on the server enabled?  Did you recently install any apps on your client or server that might have changed some setting?
    Tuesday, January 12, 2010 1:13 AM