none
Monitoring the progress of SOA jobs using the cluster manager? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

When submitting regular jobs (calls to exe) with tasks, I can monitor the state of the job from the cluster manager - see how many tasks are remaining, how many finished, how many still waiting, what failed, what finished ok, etc, etc... 

When I try to use the SOA approach following the example here: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc853427%28v=vs.85%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396  the "tasks" which show up are only the web service hosts which HPC starts to service the client calls... I send  20 client calls, they all get run, I get the call backs, BUT in the monitoring screens, I don't see any indication of them... I'm running on 3 cores, so I see 3 "tasks" which are just the HpocServiceHost.exe ones... 

Can I monitor the state of sessions which have async client calls? How many calls dispatched/finished/waiting/etc?  Is there another screen I need to look at?

Thanks

Damian

Thursday, April 9, 2015 1:51 PM

Answers

• Hi Damian,

For SOA job, you can also view the progress in the Cluster Manager/Job Console just like regular jobs. One place is in the job list view, you may add a column for job Progress, the percentage number shows the processed requests against all requests. Another place is in the job detailed view by double clicking on a specific SOA job in the list view. There is a progress bar showing the counters for total/succeeded/failed/calculating/incoming requests.

Best,

Yutong

• Marked as answer by DamianRK Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 3:37 PM

All replies

• Ok, I think I found all the pieces of info in various posts... 

One other question - the ID of SOA requests, which shows up in the request breakdown screen (this one: http://www.excelian.com/images/img/messagedetials1.png  ); can I assign or read those from the client, as submit time (so I can link what I see on the cluster manager screen with what I'm sending)? Thanks

Thursday, April 9, 2015 6:31 PM
  • Hi Damian,

For SOA job, you can also view the progress in the Cluster Manager/Job Console just like regular jobs. One place is in the job list view, you may add a column for job Progress, the percentage number shows the processed requests against all requests. Another place is in the job detailed view by double clicking on a specific SOA job in the list view. There is a progress bar showing the counters for total/succeeded/failed/calculating/incoming requests.

Best,

Yutong

• Marked as answer by DamianRK Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM
    Friday, April 10, 2015 3:37 PM
  • Ok, thanks :) 
    Friday, April 10, 2015 5:09 PM