none
Forums' edit frame doesn't scroll RRS feed

• General discussion

• I was almost tempted to raise this one as a bug report - it depends upon how you look at it. It's more of a design bug than a coding bug.

When I'm creating a post in one of these forums the page has two "frames" (for want of a better word) - a narrowish one at the top and a larger one at the bottom which contains the edit control and the Post Options control. If my browser (IE7) isn't wide enough to display everything and I try to use the scrollbars, I find that only the top frame responds to the scrollbars.

The problem is exacerbated the smaller my browser window becomes. If I make its height too short for the edit control, then the top frame actually overlays over the top of the bottom frame.

This is totally unacceptable. My screen resolution is 1024 x 768 (yes, there are plenty of developers stuck with primitive monitors out there, even in big companies) and I use a vertical taskbar and I don't have enough available width for this. Heaven help some poor sod with a vision defect who needs to use a lower resolution. Courts nowadays view accessibility issues as discrimination, so I recommend you add this to your "to do" list.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008 11:51 AM

All replies

• Good point. I think we've got this on our list already, but I'll make sure. Thanks for the feedback.

-Andrew
    Wednesday, August 27, 2008 4:47 PM