MCPD(70-536,70-505,70-563) Windows Developer 3.5 RRS feed

Answers

• Hi Amit,

if you have experience with Visual Studio 2008 and VB.Net, it could be a good idea to just do the Visual Studio 2008 exams. (Esp. if you want to target the MCPD Windows Developer 3.5 which does not include the ADO.Net and WCF certifications. In 2010 exams you need these, too)

2. You just get the MCP after 70-536 and the 70-505 will give you an MCTS certification (when you have the 70-536).

3. I am a little confused now. You have experience with vb.net - so maybe you want to stay on that language? The exams can be done with vb.net or c# so there is no requirement to switch to c# just for the exam. The Self-Paced Training kit is great and I used it myself to prepare for this exam. Just make sure, that you really follow the practices inside and play around a lot so you get deep experience (where you got something new. At least I found some topics that I never used before.)

4. You already got the link for the 70-536 exam: http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-536&locale=en-us. Skills Measured is the source, that I know that could be used as a syllabus.

5. I had no problems with going through the self paced training kits and I also used a practice test at the end just to feel comfortable (MeasureUp / SelfTestSoftware offers these).

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Amit_kala Monday, February 7, 2011 8:14 AM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 4:44 AM
    Answerer
  • Hi Amit,

that is just a list of other certifications, that need the 70-536 as prerequisite. There is no need to get all these certifications but if you want any of these, you need the 70-536.

So all you need for your MCPD title are:

- 70-536
    - 70-505
    - 70-563

I hope this clarified it a little bit.

With kind regards,

Konrad

• Marked as answer by Amit_kala Monday, February 7, 2011 10:45 AM
    Monday, February 7, 2011 8:21 AM
    Answerer

All replies