Adding Notes to Custom Entities from BizTalk using CRM 2011 untyped SOAP Organization Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to add Notes to the existing records in CRM 2011.

The records are present in custom entities. I have tried to add notes using create method of Organization Service.

This inserted an entry to annotation entity(notes) , but the note is not linked to the Custom entity record.

I have specified the notes fields subject, notetext and object id ( GUID of record in Custom entity) and in related entities specified the CUstom Entity details.

This did not help.

I have also tried the update method to update the custom entity and also to insert a note.

This also didnt work.

Can anyone suggest how can achieve this.

Thanks,

Deepthi

Thursday, December 6, 2012 5:03 PM

Answers

• Just to make sure, you already tried setting the ObjectId (as an EntityReference) of the Annotation to the Guid of the Custom entity right? And in so doing the ObjectTypeCode? Just as another aside, you may want to try to set the RegardingObjectId 

You can use the AssociateRequest to accomplish this AFAIK. This isn't using an attachment but it does walk you through using the AssociateRequest http://www.williamgryan.mobi/?p=111

Cordially, W.G.Ryan - www.williamgryan.mobi

• Edited by William G Ryan Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:51 PM Needed to add something
    • Marked as answer by DeepthiAdith Tuesday, February 19, 2013 4:22 PM
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 9:44 PM