none
Wiki Updates Counted as New Articles? RRS feed

• Question

• At the moment, my Profile goes back 5 days. I counted up the number of "Updated the article" and found only 8, which seems low. I counted 25 "Commented on the article", which seems reasonable, but I would expect the updates to be the same. Then I noticed  "Contributed a new article" and counted 17. There should be none. I also noticed in my statistics that the number of new articles is larger than I remember by 17.

I believe that 17 of my Wiki article updates recently have been counted as new articles. Anyone else see similar problems in their profile?

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

• Moved by Hasham NiazModerator Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:30 PM Moving to more appropriate Forum (From:MSDN, TechNet, and Expression Profile and Recognition System Discussions)
    Sunday, December 2, 2012 11:16 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Richard !

I can definitely confirm this as a bug. Hopefully Albert will log this bug.

Thanks, Hasham Niaz

Monday, December 3, 2012 5:56 AM
  • I'm still getting credit for new Wiki articles in my profile, when I only updated.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Thursday, December 6, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Er... it will be difficult to follow top contributors...
    Thursday, December 6, 2012 11:59 AM
  • Send this bug to fissues.... 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, December 6, 2012 2:14 PM
  • We have discovered the cause of this bug and will deploy a hotfix for it next week.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Dengqiang "Robin" Ren (Chinasoft) EPX Service Engineering Support Team

Thursday, December 6, 2012 8:02 PM
  • Hasham, for future reference, this was indeed a Profile issue and probably shouldn't have been moved. Thanks to all for your support!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Customer Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 3:14 AM
    Owner