Nimda Trojan RRS feed

• Question

• My One Care Virus Scan keeps coming up with the fact that it has found the Nimda Trojan virus on my computer. I then tell it to scan and remove the virus which it dutifully says it does. However, sometimes immediately and sometimes in a day or two I get the same message and run the same removal scan. I have tried Symantec's specialized NimdaA and NimdaE removal tools but they don't appear to run on Vista. Does anyone have any thoughts or solutions?

Saturday, February 9, 2008 4:45 PM

Answers

All replies

• Have you tried to turn off System Restore immediately after the OneCare Scan?  Doing that will eliminate all System Restore checkpoints, along with any traces of the Trojan held in the System Volume Information area.  Turn it back on immediately afterward and make certain a new restore checkpoint is taken.  You won't be able to go back in time for any additional restores, but I think it should fix your current situation.  If it returns, let us know...

Saturday, February 9, 2008 5:35 PM
  • You may want to consider check your system for Updates? is your .net frameworks all update? its could possibly be a vulnerability

Try this:

Open Internet Explorer

Click Tools

Click Windows Update

Choose Custom Updates

see what updates are available for you

Sunday, February 10, 2008 12:42 PM
  • Please follow the instructions in this post, http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=662566&SiteID=2, to report a virus that is not cleaned by OneCare and to get help in removal.

-steve

Monday, February 11, 2008 2:01 AM