Backup RRS feed

• Question

• I was running back up from one care.  It was taking so long and using up way to many disk's.  So I canceled the back up.  Now i would like to continue the back uo.  However I do not want to start over, just pick up where I left off.  Is that possible?  Also if it is not possible can I at least get the back up now off the page and return to a clean start with a 1 not the fair showing. 

I hope this is clear to you and someone can help!!  Jacgus2002@yahoo.com
    Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:06 AM

Answers

• You will need to start over if you canceled before completion. If you do not wish to do a full backup, open OneCare, click Change Settings, then the backup tab.

Click Configure backup and Change Settings in the lower left.

Select your PC from the left side and uncheck "Turn on backup on this PC"

I recommend, however, that you not turn off backup, but evaluate what you wish to backup. The default file types can include many many files that you don't care about. On the page for "Your backup plan" - where the "Turn on..." check box is, click "Change this" in the "What" section. Select the file types you wish to backup - perhaps mail and pictures and documents. Note the amount of space each type takes up and remember that a CD holds 650 MB of data. Uncheck any types that you might not want to backup due to space considerations and the fact that they are not critical to you if lost.

At the bottom of the file type window is a "Exclude" link that you can further narrow down what is backed up by removing while drives, folders, or files from the backup plan.

-steve

Tuesday, January 22, 2008 1:23 AM