Should Microsoft allow points to be traded in for free Microsoft products? RRS feed

• Question

•        Since Microsoft receives free support in its forums by technically knowledgable people shouldn't those people be allowed to trade their points in for free Microsoft products? I think that Microsoft should award points a value towards purchasing Microsoft products.

You've taught me everything I know but not everything you know.

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:27 PM

All replies

• Good suggestion.

+1

Don't be a prick ! Be reasonable and provide your feedback. Say something whether the suggestion was helpful or not, mark a reply as answer or click on to vote helpful if any suggestion really helps you, don't leave that choice to moderators, let the credit go to a contributor who has invested his precious time on your questions. Please be informed that, moderators are also humans and they also make mistakes ;-) Last but not the least, Unmark as answer if any post doesn't answer your question/s !!!

Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:02 PM
  • I like this idea :)

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Friday, June 22, 2012 4:06 PM
  • Emmm... I'm not so sure.

For discounts (or even rebates that's fraction of original price) it could be good, but for "free"? I think that'll only attract more trolls to come here.

Monday, June 25, 2012 7:26 AM
  • Naomi N, with 140,421 points you should get stock options. :)

Friday, June 29, 2012 11:06 AM
  • Nah, that probably would make other forums go deserted/offended. Forum monopolization is not a good idea.

Top contributors are already awarded Microsoft MVPs, which includes a lot of software from Microsoft (I don't get Microsoft Games, not sure what a Microsoft Game MVP would get). Given how many MVPs got awarded for there contributions elsewhere, Microsoft is doing a lot more than just awarding top users in its own forums.

Declaimer: I am top 10 user of CSDN, a developer community with 18 million members. I am also a top 5% user on stackoverflow.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Monday, July 2, 2012 1:56 PM
  • Naomi N, with 140,421 points you should get stock options. :)

Good sense of humor :)

Please mark this post as answer if it solved your problem. Happy Programming!

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 1:48 PM
  • Well, being top contributor in MSDN forum does not automatically equate to being MVP. 

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Tuesday, July 3, 2012 3:56 PM