Cannot restart a Workflow after it has timed out RRS feed

• Question

• Have a process with CRM interface with a back office system to update records. The interface is a Web Service, called via a workflow with CRM.

Workflow can be suspended for a number of reasons, mainly data entered incorrectly, but once the error is sorted, the workflow is restarted and the process completes.

However, we have had a couple of timeout errors occur recently due to network issues and have found that these workflows cannot be re-started. The error reported is:

"Exception:System

.TimeoutException: The request channel timed out while waiting for a reply after 00:02:29.9843755. Increase the timeout value passed to the call to Request or increase the SendTimeout value on the Binding. The time allotted to this operation may have been a portion of a longer timeout."

I have been able to replicate the error on out test system and have found that on the first restart of the workflow, it calls the code to call the Web Service, but all subsequent restart go straight to a 'Waiting' state with calling the code. The only solution I have found so far is to cancel the workflow and start a fresh one.

My question is:

1. Is there a limit on the number of times you can call a workflow after it has timed out?

Monday, July 18, 2011 7:52 AM

Answers

• I beleive that the time out setting defaults to 6 times.  This prevents endless loop

Pierre

• Marked as answer by gambitms Friday, June 8, 2012 2:03 PM
    Friday, August 26, 2011 6:58 PM