Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Abnormal Program Termination - [REQ] Help RRS feed

• Question

• Due to the failure on my part to find a forum for "help" with C++ I have resorted to posting here, sorry if this is not the correct place =)

Background to Errors:
    I've looked around for sometime for a fix to the error in titled. Unfortunately all the fixes I have come across are dependant on the cause/ program that triggers this error, in my case the ‘trigger’s are games, mainly older, pre-2006 games such as Rollercoaster Tycoon 3, and Empire Earth 2 (which sucks anyway). The one I really want to find a fix to is the Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 game - my brother recently challenged me to a ‘coaster build off (yes, we are that sad =))!

Detailed run through of pre-error actions:
    Install game (Rollercoaster Tycoon 3) - all goes very smoothly
    Run game - Omg! I should’ve played this before, my computer owns old games! =)

I played for almost an hour and a half, making one of the most awesome ‘coaster’s I’ve ever seen
    When I eventually got hungry + thirsty I closed Rollercoaster Tycoon 3

After I had regained my vigour for the build off, I run the game, and too my surprise and displeasure I get this error:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error

Abnormal program termination

[In here there is the location of the .exe for Rollercoaster Tycoon 3]

Technical information:
    All my drivers are up to date
    My OS is Vista 36 bit w/ SP1 - although the errors occurred pre-installation of SP1
    If you need any other information, feel free to ask.

If this isn't the right place to post, please inform me of a link to a correct area =)

Any assistance, that helps, is greatly admired - and I am grateful in advance!
    Thank you.
    -lbbSoul

P.S. I did not deliberately rhyme at any point during this post, it was purely accidental! Honest. xD
    • Moved by nobugz Thursday, June 5, 2008 8:14 PM Not a programming question
    Thursday, June 5, 2008 7:59 PM

Answers