business rules don't fire RRS feed

• Question

• I created seven business rules, one for each value in an option set.  They each contain a list of other fields and hide or show them to customize the UI according to the value chosen in the mentioned option set.  I activated them.  I even went to the option set field on the form and activated them again.  Published, but when I go into the form all the other fields show and no amount of clicking values in the option set changes the form.  Even saving doesn't fire the rules.

What am I missing?

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:48 AM

Answers

• Here's why.  One of the fields I asked to be hidden wasn't on the form.

You may call me stupid, but I would argue, Microsoft makes us test for null everywhere in plugins/c#.  Why aren't they responsible for doing the same?

• Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:32 PM
    • Edited by mardukes Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:33 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:32 PM

All replies

• Any chance when you created the rules the Scope in the upper right corner of the Business Ruler editor form was set to no include the form you were testing?

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, December 4, 2013 2:51 AM
  • On the first one it was set to All Forms.  I switched it to Information, then copied the rest from the original.

I just switched them back to All Forms, activated and published.  No difference.

• Edited by mardukes Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:25 AM switched
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:16 AM
  • Do business rules have to be added to the change event somehow?
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 4:54 PM
  • Here's why.  One of the fields I asked to be hidden wasn't on the form.

You may call me stupid, but I would argue, Microsoft makes us test for null everywhere in plugins/c#.  Why aren't they responsible for doing the same?

• Marked as answer by mardukes Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:32 PM
    • Edited by mardukes Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:33 PM
    Thursday, December 5, 2013 3:32 PM