How to add owningbusinessunit to the form (crm2011) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

I need to add the owningbusinessunit column to the form. the entity i created has default relationship many to 1 with the businessunit. According to the businessunit, the role for records in my entity i created is acceessed. So, when opening the form of the entity , i want to see to which businessunit the record relates .

when selecting the columns to be appeared on the form, the owningbusinessunit is not in the list. However, the entity has that column in the columns list

Thank you.

Thursday, August 4, 2011 6:47 AM

Answers

• Hi,

You can use the entity OwningBusinessUnit field into the form, i would suggest you to use the following workaround:

1. Create new entity N:1 relationship with Business Unit entity, drag that field on Form and save Form

2. Create a new workflow that will run When a New Record is Created or if Record is Assigned

3. Add Update Record Step, set the Business Unit field with the Entity Owning Business Unit field

4. Enable Available to Run option As an on-demand process

5. Save workflow and activate it

6. In Advance Find or Entity List View, select all old entity records and click on Run Workflow button and select the workflow "Update Business Unit Field on Form"

I hope this helps.

Jehanzeb Javeed

http://worldofdynamics.blogspot.com
    Linked-In Profile |CodePlex Profile

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer".
    • Proposed as answer by Jehanzeb.Javeed Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:13 AM
    • Marked as answer by Aza_Crm Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:42 AM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 10:13 AM