Navigate between Opportunity and Opportunity Product RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I do not know if I am the only person finding it hard to navigate between an Opportunity and its' related Opportunity Products.  If I double click a Product in the Products list of an Opportunity I am taken to the Opportunity Product form, which is correct.  

Problem is: I am struggling to find a way to easily navigate back to the opportunity I came from.

Please vote if you find my post useful. Add me on Skype @ christo.skype1

Friday, May 23, 2014 6:56 AM

All replies

• Hello Christo;

Can you please provide a little more information in terms of which application you are using, CRM 4.0 , CRM 2011, or CRM 2013. Each would have very different answers. Please let me know and I hopefully can guide you in the easiest path to reach the opportunity.

It could be as easy as putting the Related Opportunity field back onto the Opportunity Product so the user can click on it and return back to the Opportunity. IF you could provide some more insight into the version I'd appreciate it!

Jason Cosman

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:22 PM
  • Hi Jason.  I am currently using CRM 2013.  

Please vote if you find my post useful. Add me on Skype @ christo.skype1

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 12:28 PM
  • Hello Christo;

I spun up a new organization on-line to take a look and I'm impressed Christo. Normally the command bar should be showing Sales->Opportunities->SelectedOpp->OppProduct.

It's currently having an issue and replaces the SelectedOpp with the OppProduct.

I have to say that you have found a bug in the application; the best work around for this will be to include the Related Opportunity field on the Opportunity Product form that allows the user to click back to the opp; or simply press the back button on the browser.

I hope this has helped and unfortunately there isn't a better answer; I would have expected the command bar at the top to show you it.

Jason Cosman

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:28 PM
  • There is also strange things going on with both your workaround approaches.  I cannot find the related opportunity field - although it does exists in the DB.  The problem with hitting the 'back' button is that you need to go back twice.  The sales people are not going be happy with that.  If I could just 'back' once, I could simply have added a button that will go back using a Javascirpt.   

Christo Vermeulen

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:31 PM