Re: Windows One Care Backups and installation RRS feed

• General discussion

•  I have been trying to run One Care, When I performed a system tune up. The area's of concern were backup file, The Micosoft suggestion was to run the tune up program again, which I did. And the results were the same. Unable to run and hold back up . What should I do now to complete the installation of One Care? , It appears that 80% of the program is installed. I just cannot finish the final step of back up files, I wish someone would tell me what it is I need to do? To complete the final installation. I am trying the product out for 90 days for free which I started yesterday. My other question or concern is do I need to delete Windows Defender. Or any other spyware programs that I may have on my system. Please let me know if I am following proper.  

Monday, October 6, 2008 4:12 AM

All replies

• First of all, the fact that you can run a tune-up and that you are able to open OneCare means that it is 100% installed.

What happens when you try to perform a backup? Are you able to configure backup?

OneCare disables Defender. There is no need to remove it. Any other security software that provides 'real time" monitoring of the system should be removed.

-steve

Monday, October 6, 2008 6:34 PM