Unity's Library RRS feed

• Question

• I've been using Unity lately.

...Am I now working with a whole new library of classes, because I feel like everything I've learned here had gone kaput.

Plus, there are no Admins on Unitys site to assist with anything, so I'm very very lost.

• Moved by Kristin Xie Friday, October 21, 2016 6:45 AM
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 9:47 PM

All replies

• I've been using Unity lately.

...Am I now working with a whole new library of classes, because I feel like everything I've learned here had gone kaput.

Plus, there are no Admins on Unitys site to assist with anything, so I'm very very lost.

There two Unities and one is for IoC and the other one is about some game stuff I think, which one are you talking about?
    Tuesday, October 18, 2016 11:18 PM
  • I'm talking about the game engine.
    Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:37 PM
  • For example, I've been working with dialogue like "intersect" in Visual Studio, but there is no
    "intersect" in Unity, I feel like I've had to start over.

I have my scenes designed very, very well, which is great.

I DID see a "Microsoft Visual Studio Tools For Unity", and maybe I don't have that installed yet?

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 6:38 PM
  • Hi TheRedGuy1990

Unity is third-party technology. I am afraid this is out of our support. Please repost this issue in the official forum.

https://forum.unity3d.com/forums/editor-general-support.10/

Best regards,

Kristin

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, October 25, 2016 2:05 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by TheRedGuy1990 Sunday, October 30, 2016 1:23 AM
    Friday, October 21, 2016 6:45 AM
  • Kristen, I understand that, but Microsoft makes Visual Studio, and if I'm going to ask a question about that element of Unity - if Microsoft makes an extension for the program - I must ask Microsoft, not Unity, about coding implementations.

It's real simple, if anybody has used these two together.  Is there a way for me to use "intersect" from VS in Unity if I have the Tools installed?

Sunday, October 30, 2016 1:23 AM