Live Meeting Client Cannot send invite via Email RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have just installed the trial versions of OCS server 2007, Office Communicator 2007 and Live Meeting 2007. Everything seemed to go ok, but not all of our test clients can send email invites from the Live Meeting client (Ver 8.0.6362.0). All test clients are running the same build of Office 2007, and talking to the same Exchange 2003 server, but 2 of the 4 clients get

"An error occured while sending the e-mail invitation. Please check your e-mail settings and then send the invitation again."

I'm at a complete loss as to what it wants, there is nothing in my Event Viewer

Regards

Dave

Friday, August 10, 2007 1:17 PM

Answers

• Have you installed/configured the webschedular/ webcomponents on your internal OCS machine?

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1647459&SiteID=57

/Thomas
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:13 PM

All replies

• Actually I am curious to find out more ways to debug live meeting errors from a client pc. We have challenges to connect using live meeting via our Edge /reverse proxy server environment.

Via the internal OCS machine everythings works perfectly fine.

Externally via Edge I can
    • log on the conferencing server via https://externalocs/conf/ext/Login.aspx
    • send invitations for live meeting and conferences to other people via Outlook
    • see the planned conferences in https://externalocs/conf/ext/Login.aspx
    • Test and validate the connection
    But I can not log on with Live Meeting

The following ports are open on the firewall (I have used the default ports suggested during the installation/configuration)

From another colleague I heard that we also have to open the following ports for live meeting:

50000-59999, 3478

As far as I know there are no services listening on those ports on the Edge server but I 'll try that later.

All the certificates on the Edge server have the subject name (internal EDGE FQDN) machine and the alternative names (external EDGE FQDN) filled up.

Is this a firewall issue?
    Do I have to enable logging seperately for live meeting? Or is it enabled via communicator logging?
    How to get more debugging info from Live Meeting clients?

Please advice.

/Thomas

Monday, August 13, 2007 8:22 AM
  • I got it working. Without any information in the eventvwr or log files.....

First of all I was checking my certificates on the Edge server. You have external and internal (private) interfaces. Make sure that the FQDN is correctly filled up in your certificates for both the internal and external interfaces.

I was re- assigning some certificates with the correct subject names and alternative FQDN's.

I was re-checking the OCS server settings in the OCS console.

Forest > Standard edition Servers > OCSserver (left click) Properties > Webconferencing Properties (Click the Tab) Webconferencing Edge Server.

It seems that we have filled up External port 443 instead of 444. The webconferencing server external interface is (default) listening on port 444.

The internal port was set to the default value (8057).

After restarting the web conferencing service on the OCS machine I was able to validate the connection and log on to live meeting via Edge.

My advice is to write down/ or make screendumps of all your configuration steps during installation. If you have not done this check the Edge server MMC console to check the listening ports of all the interfaces (internal and external).

Also make sure that you can communicate from your client PC to the internet via port 5060, 5061, 443 and 444 (those are the default Edge server listening ports). If there are any proxy servers/firewalls in your domain..make sure that they will not block requests over those ports.

/Thomas

Tuesday, August 14, 2007 1:00 PM
  • Doesn't help me though as my problems are all from one Standard Server, no edge servers present and some clients work, some don't.

I have re-installed Office 2007 on one of the machines that doesn't work, but still no joy. I have installed the Outlook Addin on the machines as well but where the Live Meeting client is installed but doesn't allow you to send invites, nothing appears in the Outlook interface, but the addin is listed the Addins page.

Hmmm

Confused

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 8:12 AM
  • Make sure you can connect to the internal OCS via all the webconferencing ports. If you open the OCS MMC console you can click on the OCS server under Standard Edition. The OCS configuration overview page gives you all the details of the listening services and ports.

Is your computer logged on to the domain where the local OCS machine is part of?

/Thomas
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:23 AM
  • Hi

Yep I can get to the ports. All clients can take part in conferences but some of them can't do email invites from within the Live Meeting client.

All users are allowed in the policy to do so. We just get the error

"An error occured while sending the e-mail invitation. Please check your e-mail settings and then send the invitation again"

Point of interest, one of the machines that did work now doesn't after running a major windows update. Not sure which update has broken it though!

Dave

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:47 AM
  • Have you installed/configured the webschedular/ webcomponents on your internal OCS machine?

http://forums.microsoft.com/Ocs2007publicbeta/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1647459&SiteID=57

/Thomas
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 12:13 PM
  • I have now, and we can schedule meetings, but not wishing to appear as a "my cup is half empty" person, I'd still like to get it working properly, but hey at least I can continue to the next problem Smile

Cheers

Dave

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 1:08 PM
  • Hi,

I have my own OCS setup with all required clients viz Communicator, live Meeting etc working. The only issue i m struggling with is to set user preference. Under the heading of "User preference" Live Meeting Add-In Setup provides two options to select:

I use a user login and password to access Live meeting. 
    I use intranet portal to access live meeting.

I want to use second option as my live meeting is being integrated to the OCS locally hosted. In order to accomplish this task i need an intranet portal URL. Where this portal URL can be found from?

What should be the portal URL? Any idea?????

Please suggest me ASAP...

Regards,

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 11:32 AM
  • Hi there,

Did you ever get this problem resolved? I'm having the same issues.

thanks,

Tom

Wednesday, May 28, 2008 1:48 PM
  • The two options under user preferences that are being described above only apply to the Live Meeting hosted service, and NOT to OCS hosted conferences.

If you select "User Accounts" (from the either the Add-in or the LM Console), you'll see a dialog box. There are two sections, one for 'Office Communications Server", and a "Live Meeting Service" section.

The OCS section has a field for sign-in name (and an Advanced button where you can manually specify servers, and credentials if your DNS records aren't set up or accessible). 

The "Live Meeting Service" section which has a field for the portal URL (which shouldn't require credentials if you are logged into the machine with your AD creds) and a space for the creds themselves if, again, you need to do it manually.

Those two fields in the Live Meeting section correspond to the two options mentioned above. If you are only using OCS, not Live Meeting, you can leave them blank. You CAN configure both simultaneously. This would allow a user the option to schedule a meeting either on OCS or the LM hosted service.  

Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:12 AM
  •  

For the original problem, where the LM Client on some machines wasn't able to send e-mail invites to attendees, did you ever get that resolved? The only time I've ever seen that issue was when Outlook was not installed on the machine, or there was no configured user profile for Outlook.
    Wednesday, July 9, 2008 6:19 AM