none
Deleting spam RRS feed

• Question

• 41 similar spam messages in appeared exceldev, time/dated about 25 minutes before I  saw them. As a moderator I set about deleting them, successfully deleted a few, then with each attempt to delete the next got an "unexpected error" message each time, and finally the page wouldn't refresh, just the diagnose connection prompt (I was properly connected).

I went to a different system and browser, loaded the page, to my surprise all the remaining spam messages did not appear. That's good obviously but for curiosity how did that happen, did my deleting a few trigger the rest to get deleted?

Peter Thornton

Friday, March 22, 2013 8:13 AM

Answers

• I've had similar experiences in the past. I assumed that some other moderator, or an administrator/owner, was deleting the messages at the same time. When a message is deleted, there can be a delay before you see the post disappear, unless you refresh. Also, if you are a moderator you can filter on deleted messages in the forum. Then you can see who deleted the message and why. I just now checked in a forum I moderate and I see the user "Spam Filter" has been busy deleting posts, which I assume is an automated process.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Thanks,Richard.
    Automated spam filter can detect then delete spamming post.
    We forum admin is able to remove all of them once a time manually and ban the spamming guy.

Visual Studio Cloud Services

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:21 AM

All replies

• I've had similar experiences in the past. I assumed that some other moderator, or an administrator/owner, was deleting the messages at the same time. When a message is deleted, there can be a delay before you see the post disappear, unless you refresh. Also, if you are a moderator you can filter on deleted messages in the forum. Then you can see who deleted the message and why. I just now checked in a forum I moderate and I see the user "Spam Filter" has been busy deleting posts, which I assume is an automated process.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, March 22, 2013 3:34 PM
  • Thanks,Richard.
    We forum admin is able to remove all of them once a time manually and ban the spamming guy.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:21 AM
  • Thanks,Richard.

It would be possible for u Microsoft team members do something for our moderators or MVP as a tool to manage those who're troubling with Microsoft;)

If you think one reply solves your problem, please mark it as An Answer, if you think someone's reply helps you, please mark it as a Proposed Answer

Help by clicking:
    Click here to donate your rice to the poor
    Click to Donate
    Click to feed Dogs & Cats

Wednesday, March 27, 2013 3:25 AM
  • PV,
    Thanks for your suggestion.
    and this has been logged as a Feature Request with the appropriate team and that it will be reviewed for a possible future release.

Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:34 AM