Subgrid record on click event in crm 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Guys,

As per my requirement, when i click the record to open inside a subgrid, a custom web page should open and inside that the actual record will open in an IFrame. For that is there any event or jscript to open the web page by clicking the record in crm 2011. Please help on this, any help would be grateful. And let me know if i m not clear too.

Arun Kumar G

Thursday, August 29, 2013 5:20 AM

All replies

• Hi Arun,

Overriding the behaviour when a row in a sub-grid is double-clicked is not supported. I can see two workarounds that you could investigate:

1. Add a ribbon button to the sub-grid that launches the custom web page passing the selected row Id in to it. This would be the most supported way of doing this but would not prevent the user opening the form directly.

2. Add OnLoad javascript onto the CRM form to redirect to your custom page when it is opened. This would prevent the user ever accessing the form directly but would be wasteful in that it would unnecessarily load the form, redirect and load the form again.

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

Thursday, August 29, 2013 6:29 AM
  • Thanks Palmer,

i appreciate your suggestions. Is there any unsupported customizations that you can refer. And in option 1 there is no possibility to prevent users to open the record in normal way, is it right?

Arun Kumar G

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:09 AM
  • Hi,

If you are happy to go unsupported, you "can" override the behaviour of the subgrid using DOM manipulation but I strongly suggest you don't do this and I won't provide help as to how.

To do what you are asking for option 1, I suggest you implement both options. In other words, add a ribbon button to open your custom form AND implement some OnLoad code that checks whether it has been opened independently or in an IFrame and redirects to your custom page if it is opened independently.

Michael Palmer
    xRMPalmer     @MJFPalmer     Rockstar365

Thursday, August 29, 2013 8:24 AM