Dashboards RRS feed

• Question

• IIs it possible to put a quick view in a dashboard.

I have created a dashboard with active accounts view. This only allows a search on one field, I need to be able to search on several fields. is this possible and if so how. I have tried pulling up the 'quick view'  for the accounts entity but it does not appear in the selection list for the dashboard

Dont ask me .. i dont know

Monday, January 13, 2014 11:58 AM

Answers

• Hi,

To make the fields searchable, go to settings > customization > customize the system > entities > accounts > view > quick find view. In the find columns you could add or remove the search fields.

To maintain the system performance just add the necessary fields and not all of them!

Monday, January 13, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Pete,

Quick find view is not something that can be explicitly added in a dashboard list. Quick Find view defines all the fields that you can search-on in an entity (find columns) in any view/lookup. Following Payman's response you will be able to add find columns. So using the active accounts view in your dashboard you'll be able to search on multiple fields.

hope this helps

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

To make the fields searchable, go to settings > customization > customize the system > entities > accounts > view > quick find view. In the find columns you could add or remove the search fields.

To maintain the system performance just add the necessary fields and not all of them!

Monday, January 13, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Pete,

Quick find view is not something that can be explicitly added in a dashboard list. Quick Find view defines all the fields that you can search-on in an entity (find columns) in any view/lookup. Following Payman's response you will be able to add find columns. So using the active accounts view in your dashboard you'll be able to search on multiple fields.

hope this helps

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Monday, January 13, 2014 7:24 PM